House cleaning could be an interesting task provided you know how to handle it with ease. While the basic cleaning could be done as a routine without much fuss, tough stains could be a cause for concern. This is why some tend to postpone it to a later date. The more you postpone higher becomes your stress. Cleaning tough stains could be a tough task but with the right treatment, you are sure to feel happy with the results. Here are some suggestions on how to deal with tough stains during house cleaning.
Great Coffee But Ugly Stains
The most common stain that one complains about is the coffee stain on the clothing. Simple brushing does not help to remove coffee stain on your cloth. Here are some tips for removing coffee stain.
- Wet cotton cloth in cold water and blot it on coffee stain. Do not rub on it as it could result in spreading.
- Take a wet cloth and sprinkle baking soda on it. This could also be used to blot the stain out.
- Mix half teaspoon of detergent and hot water. Apply this combination on coffee stain. If the stain is stubborn, you may use vinegar and water combination and rinse the apparel. This could help in removing coffee stain.
You could try out the same if you find coffee stains on your carpet as well.
Remove Stains Off Tiles
You love your floor tiles but hate yourself for not attending to a stain that reminds you of your negligence. Now, it is sure to irritate your eyes. Here is a simple tip to remove stains off the beautiful tiles.
- Choose the right cleaner for the type of floor you have. If you are cleaning granite or marble floor tiles, you need to avoid acidic cleaners as they could damage the surface. Go by the floor material while you buy your cleaner.
- Apply the cleaner on the stain and let it set for about 10 to 15 minutes. For tough stains, the duration could be more.
- Scrub the stain using an abrasive sponge. Deeper stains may involve more scrubbing. You could scrub the surface with a scrub brush as well.
- Once the stain is removed, rinse the area thoroughly. Rinse and clean it dry for better and quicker results.
Red Wine Stain
The party is over for you if you stain your beautiful dress with the red wine served. Just act the moment you spot it to ensure better results. Here you go for easy cleaning of red wine’s stain.
- Treat the red wine stain with white wine. Take a piece of clean cloth and apply a few drops of white wine on the stain. Now, using the cloth, rub on the stain to find the stain gone.
- If the stain is dry, apply shaving cream on the stain. Use warm or cold water to clean the stain.
- Mix detergent and hydrogen peroxide. Apply the mixture over the stain your red wine had caused and allow it to stand for some time. Now blot the area until the stain is removed. Then have it washed using cold water.
- You may use hydrogen peroxide to clean red wine stain off carpet as well.
While tough stains are really testing, when you finally achieve the desired results, you are sure to feel elated. The best rule to remember when you spot a stain is to address it immediately. Wet stains are easily removed and hence go for it the moment you spill or spot it.